Saturday, May 16, 2009

swine flu and the Times

So the times has got a new columnist, who apparently is going to be a Republican Morene doud, as far as I can tell from his first column. His name is Charles Blow. The column isn't bad.
If republicans were all like Susan Collins, or the previously republican Spector, I'd be republican. Watching the insane right wing of the party shit all over itself is kind of fun, but also horrifying, because I agree with Blow that we need an oposition party.
Also, Swine Flu, as I thought,, is apparently not that big of a deal. We always get these crazy disease panics, (Sars, anyone?) which never ammount to anything. I don't want us to have to suffer through another 1918, but the hype always feels like somewhat of a let down.
Just so I don't let down all my readers the article I'm talking about is this one

No comments:

Post a Comment